But, what I love are the bylanes cutting across Comm St. Here you'll find
* The most amazing colours in dupattas.
* Intricate colourful embroideries on salwar-kameez sets.
* Cut raw guava sold with salt & chilli powder ( slurp!)
* Giggling teeny-boppers checking out the latest street fashion.
* Steaming sweet corn with chat-masala, pepper or plain..take your pick.
* Ladies tailors stitching a salwar-kameez in 1 hour.
* Rows & rows of sticker bindis.
* Mothers shopping with whining children in tow. (Sometimes it is me & Mallika;-))
* Desi sweet & chat shops selling yum dahi puris, golgappas- my fav, doklas, samosas, jalebis.... Intricate Embroidery on Salwars... Street food- Pineapple & cucumber slices with salt & chilli powder...
White Jalebis from Bhagatrams...Colourful beads & sparkly bangles...
Rows of sticker bindis...
Silver on white embroidery...
I come back extremely inspired by Commercial Street...and also broke ;-))