The Destination: Kanva Reservoir.
Distance from Bangalore: 69 Kms.
The team: Me, My enthusiastic husband, a (waiting for an Indian adventure) cousin from the U.S. & a very naughty daughter.
* Great Idli-Vadas from Kamat Lokaruchi.
* Lovely village scenes enroute.
* Gulmohar Trees in full bloom.
* Mango trees drooping with the weight of fresh green raw mangoes.
* Friendly village folks giving us directions to the reservoir.
* Beautiful, open expanse of land with the reservoir at a distance.
* Mohan-the boatman who took us in his coracle.
* Simple, friendly fishermen who offered us tea.
* Waddling through the shallow waters.
* Life is simple. Life is beautiful.
If you need a break from the hustle-bustle of city life, head straight to Kanva. Where the only things you'd probably hear are cuckoos in the mango groves and the shwish of the boatman's oars.