Monday, June 28, 2010

inscribed on my heart...

Once more my mind wanders off to Ladakh, probably because these tibetian chants have been playing on my laptop all day long...


While in Ladakh apart from the sublime fluttering flags seen everywhere, we came across some inscriptions on smooth round rocks and stones. We learnt that these are 'Mani stones' on which 'Om Mani Padme Hum'~ the universal mantra of Avalokiteshvara is inscribed.

These stones are regarded very sacred.

What a beautiful way of remembering Him.

Have a great day!

5 comments:

Madhu Gopalan said...

Very beautiful images - love the brown tones :)

Anupama Puneeth said...

Loved the images and the song. Thanks for sharing it...I think this song will keep playing on my PC now :P

Unknown said...

Yes you find the holy stones in Sikkim too - all over Sikkim in fact . Together with the prayer flags - such a simple but beautiful way of showing adoration.

shruthihegde said...

Those stones look very sacred... and they are very different too.
I had seen the same in Sikkim. Very beautiful.

brad said...

Thank you :-)