Thursday, October 04, 2007

A place that nature calls home...

* Cauvery river gushing down the rocks and forming white foams.
* Mallika's excited laughter as she swings by on a long swing on the tamarind tree.
* I look at the textures on the wooden steps leading to our log hut.
* Blue..yes Cobalt blue was the sky and blue was the water too.
* Sunlight making the Mulberry leaves glow.
* Faint screams of the 'White Water Rafting' team through the roar of the river.

* Fluffy candy floss clouds fill the sky while I settle into the hammock with a book.
* I see colourful kites in the sky...Kites?? Gosh! I must have dozed off while reading 'The Kite Runner'
* I always have flashes of scenes from the books I read even many days after finishing. ( Does anyone else have a similar experience?)
* Little fish nibble at our toes when we dip our feet in the cool water of the river.
* A trek up the hill leaves me panting and my hands smelling of lemon grass.( well the hill was filled with them:-)
* My head feels giddy after the coracle ride downstream.
* A feeling of calm surrounds all of us sitting along the shore, when the sun sets painting all of us in a beautiful shade of orange.
* The logs of wood crackle under the flames of the bonfire while the stars appear silently into the night sky.
* My husband sighs, Mallika whines and I refuse to leave this place that nature calls home.

16 comments:

Lady Prism said...

I would love to call that my home too..siiigh!...so peaceful...

zobars said...

Beautiful and serene. Who would want to leave ??

Anonymous said...

Serene! Beautiful!!! It really sounds inviting :-)

madelyn said...

that was so poetic!

i love gazing at the stars by
the campfire - :)

Anonymous said...

every word, every photo B E A U T I F U L. Oh you do live in a wonderland don't you?

Anonymous said...

me sighs the most! remember I live in a concrete jungle!the photo is beautiful!

delhidreams said...

can i write a poem on this :)
anyways, ur blog header pic is good, i think the first time u posted an outdoor shot there...
and obviously, whoever comes here, on your rang sansar, doesnt want to leave too...
keep posting, and
take care

Anonymous said...

I think this photo is so serene and I would kill to be there right now and not at work..

Amber Cargile said...

What an absolutely idyllic photo!

Anonymous said...

" A place that nature calls home"..what a beautiful title.
Vinita

Anonymous said...

Oh, such a beautiful blue photo.

Unknown said...

Hello there,

Thanks for visiting for my blog. I'm glad that you liked it. I also like your site as well. I will try to visit more often. Soon ı will visit New Delhi,Bangalore and Mumbai, you can find my photos and comments.
Greetings from the timeless city,Istanbul..

Vineeta said...

I love the way you recreate your holidays for us to imagine & the pen pictures you draw. Thanx for sharing so generously :)

Anonymous said...

I want to go there tooo!
:(
me is going out to Ganges for diwali but till then even i can whine..
i want to go there!!! :(

Anonymous said...

what a sight, wish i could stay there for a week and capture as many photographs my CF card supports ;)

Anonymous said...

this one took my breath away...
www.wannasmile.com