...and we listen.
* The fresh mountain air infused with the fragrance of wintergreens & euchalyptus.
* Bright winter sun that massages your body.
* Colonial mansions that remind you of a grand bygone era.
* The hustle-bustle of the town square with honeymooning couples, Uncleji-Aunty-ji with Papu, Rinku & Toni with their humongous picnic baskets.
* But, there is also that exquisite red & white Fernhill Palace tucked away high in the mountains.
* The shrill whistle of the toy train chugging along the many valleys.
* Local farmers selling bright juicy carrots at hair pin bends on the climb up.
* The rum & raisin homemade chocolates & fudge shops line the marketplace.
* Slow pace of life, the quaint shops, the shy, smiling, waving school children, the cows grazing in the lush green meadows.
* Wise old men of the mountains with a typical black coat, a woollen cap & an umbrella can be seen walking up steep hilly paths.
* A Bed, Breakfast & Fireplace experience ( read more about it in Rang Decor) and a farmstay*
* Destiny- Yes, that's the name. A farmstay tucked away deep inside the hills where reaching is an experience.
* A road less travelled? I say it again and again.
* A journey where the anticipation of the destination overpowers the state where the organs of your body are shaken by a truck making it's way through a slushy mountain road. ( Did I just say road?)
* Our destination, our destiny, the farmstay where the beauty of the mountains, the shimmering water of the lake, the vegetable patch, the green slopes, the cows, the horses, the ducks, the rabbits more than make up for the ride.
* A place to relax, read, ride, rejuvenate, trek, walk, drink cups of hot chai and do absolutely nothing.
* Truly a great experience in the lap of nature.Cups of chai and more chai...Fresh Ooty carrots...Early morning scenes...
Take your pick....Chugging up the hills...
Fresh green lettuce & cabbages at the farmstay...
See more pics from the trip here & here
Have fabulous weekend friends:-)