Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Adorn yourself...


* I adore silver jewellery...period.
* I also like oxidized, hand-crafted jewellery, glass beads...
* I like stuff from Maya Bazaar, Sukra, Amrapali, (though I can't afford them!) Dariba Kalan- The wholesale silver jewellery market in Delhi & few shops in the by-lanes of commercial street.
* I have picked up some amazing stuff from craft exhibitions, roadside shops, gypsies on the move & also from the lambani's from Hampi ;-)
* My husband once mistook my bead necklace to be a bullocks neck piece.


(earrings from Dariba Kalan)
(image from Maya Bazaar Site)
(image from sukra.com) ( crafts fairs) ( pendant from Dariba Kalan)
( image from Amrapali.com) ( image from Amrapali.com)
I also make my own jewellery by stringing together stuff that I like~

12 comments:

Charlotte said...

oh I love the purple pendant !

All my jewellery got stolen last year from our flat in London the day we left!

I do like my minimal three items now though, although I miss the beautiful beautiful jewellery I bought in India. It was well before Astrid was born, but it was for her. Ah - one day we will have to return to buy some more...

Arch said...

charlotte-
I completely understand your feeling. Few year back our house was burgled and all my jewellery was stolen...from then on there is nothing of great value at home...only beads & junk jewellery.

I satisfy myself by just looking at such gorgeous pics.

~Me said...

Arch, so much jewellery :) i can look at it all day and still not get bored...Juse awesome..:) There are a few stores in RT Street (Avenue road) for silver you should check them out..and in chennai i like this aurovile place in Dr Radhakrishna road that lady makes some awesome jewellery :)
I love your collection

Arch said...

Panache-

Glad you liked those amazing pics of jewellery...most of them sourced from their websites...;-)

My so called collection is now limited to beads & few silver earrings ;-)

Pacchai Milagai said...

I like them all.. but if i had to pick My favorite is the sukra.com necklace.

Blue the Spa Girl said...

I loved all of the pieces you've shown here Archana...they are gorgeous. I really love any kind of red beads with silver too. Funny, for years and years I have favoured silver or white gold, but recently have discovered a love of yellow gold. I guess I just love jewellery!!!
xo
Blue

Anrosh said...

The last but one has amazing colors

abstonia said...

I must say you have the most beautiful and interesting blog! It is by far the best-I'm so addicted!!!!!

Yash said...

hey Arch how are you? nice pics of the jewellery.... i have gt a qstn.... where can u find this good quality junk jewellery in India? Do you know any plc in Delhi?

Falkor said...

Silver is Beautiful :)


Ps: nice blog

Aditri Sharma said...

Thanks for provides great informatic and Nice Blog, this blog is very informative & valuable for me. I will wait for your kindly new information about Artificial jewellery manufacturers in Delhi

vvsilverpalace said...

it is very useful blog thanks for sharing this blog after read silver neckless in delhi my search is complete