I baked scones.
I found a software long ago.
I finally downloaded it.
I tried it.
I loved it. Recipe for the scones~
from Breakfast Tea Lunch~ Rose Carrarini
Golden Raisin Scones
3 &1/3 Cups - All-purpose flour
1 handful - Whole Wheat flour ( Atta)
2 heaped tbsp- Baking Powder
2 heaped tbsp- Castor Sugar
1 tsp- Salt
1/2 Cup- Unsalted Butter
1 Cup- Golden Raisins
1 & 1/4 Cup- Milk
1 Egg- Beaten for glazing
* Preheat the oven to 200 degree C /400 degree F, grease a baking tray.
* Sift the plain flour into a bowl and add the whole wheat flour.
* Mix in the baking powder, sugar and salt, then add the butter abd rub in with your fingers until the mixture resembles fresh breadcrumbs.
* Add the raisins and mix well.
* Make a well in the middle, pour in the milk and use a fork to work it into the dry ingredients, Finish by hand but without overworking the mixture- just lightly bring everything together to form a softish but firm dough.
If it is too dry add little milk and if it is too wet add some more flour. It must not be sticky.
* On a lightly floured surface, pat or roll the dough into a solid shape about 3 cms thick.
* Using a 2 inch cutter, cut the dough into rounds and place them on the greased baking tray.
* Glaze the tops with the beaten egg and bake for 15-20 min until lightly golden.
Serve warm with butter and jam:-)
Destination of the software~
Try it but mind it, it is addictive;-)