Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Fly away into the open sky, my little one...

* Yesterday a mother's heart overflowed with pride.
* A loving smile appeared on the face of a father who had waited patiently for the sight of 'his beauty'.
* Hands burned from clapping constantly through the 3 mins.
* Sixty days of dropping & picking ups vanished into a blink of a tear-filled eye.
* A little one whose hand you held to help take her first step, today danced her heart out infront of hundreds.
* The sparkly outfit that I mocked at looked like celestial stars that made her glow.
* Suddenly I realised my little princess wasn't liitle anymore and the world was her stage.
* I am sure all the mothers and fathers too, sitting in the audience echoed my feelings.

12 comments:

shula said...

I cry like a fool at these events. Often before anyone's even hit the stage.

Archana Srinivas Pottery said...

shula- :-)) We'll get along really well;-))

Anonymous said...

I am not a mum but that is absolutely beautiful arch! :)

~ ॐ ~ said...

clap clap clap clap clap

Anonymous said...

beautiful narration... it just delivered the moments...!

Latha said...

Aww mom, i know how that feels! I've been there too :-) Enjoy the moments! Hugs

Unknown said...

Hey, i am not a mom..but i can understand how wonderful it must have been for u ;) really like your blog..

Anonymous said...

awww my daughter went for the summer funk show, and yes you are right - we felt exactly the same way!
d

Anonymous said...

ps - i felt the same way about the picking up and dropping, and the mocking at the costumes too! (and how the picking up and dropping suddenly vanished into a blink, and how the costume looked like stars, that too!)
d

madelyn said...

very tender post ~ and the
photo is adorable:)

~mE said...

:) for the picture for the description

Dilip Muralidaran said...

very nice write up :)