Tuesday, November 03, 2009

oh those cookery shows....

..I watch them all.

nigella rules, kylie kwong rocks, sanjeev kapoor is fun, aditya bal is funny...

the latest in the list is 'jamie at home'
the new cookery show I have been watching, by Jamie Oliver.

* the rustic kitchen.
* those enamel pots and pans.
* cabbages, baby carrots, radishes, turnips pulled out fresh from his kitchen garden.
* go straight into that huge pot of boiling water.
* oh. its lovely.
* don't understand?
* just watch this:-)





11 comments:

Madhu Gopalan said...

lol my cooking skills are limited to making chai and frying papads, but i love chak le india - that aditya bal is a lot of fun :)

Veda said...

yup! what a fantastic chef he is...i love the show too! just the way he talks so passionately about food....its brilliant! i love nigella too!

Shalini said...

I love watching Nigella Express, where she cooks simpler and faster fun food. I love Jamie too...something so earthy about him and how he makes everything look so easy and sooooo much fun.

Hanna said...

jamie at home is my favorite.. is it still on? I don't have a tv anymore. :/ his cookbooks are awesome, too, though.

Anne Marie said...

Jamie is such an inspiration. And my all time favourite baking book is Nigellas "A domestic goddess"!

tusen said...

now I don't watch TV, but I can understand you perfectly :) When I was in England for half a year I used to watch Delia Smith and Ready, Steady, Cook!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I Love the way he cooks his dishes. The whole process from his garden to the presentation is rustic yet appealing. It is one of the best shows on Food n/w. Good you posted about him.:)

Sudha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sudha said...

I used to watch his show very sunday 1 PM on Zee english (not sure if that channel exists anymore)..love his accent...Living here in the US of A...I am drawn towards British accent a lot... :)

Shivani Gakhar said...

i like your blog :)